1. Last Saturday on August 13th, 2011 (13th day of ramadhan 1432H), I took part in a dakwah activity around Bukit Bintang organised by The Islamic Information and Services (IIS).
2. This was the first time and the first of its kind in Malaysia, or at least one that was organised by IIS. It took us about 1 month for some training and each of us that participated were those who have joined a workshop by IIS on Friendly Comparative Religion (FCR).
3. So, we were equipped with some basics to approach non-Muslims in the best manner plus to present Islam in a structured and effective way.
"Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is (rightly) guided)."
Surah An-Nahl (16:125)
4. The experience gained was very valuable and it warmed our spirit, inspiring and encouraging enough to push us further forward to learn more about Islam before actively sharing it with others be it Muslims or non-Muslims.
5. I have prepared a report or rather a personal feedback about the program and have shared it with the teammates and people in the IIS through our Yahoo Group. So, I also intend to share it with all of you here, in case you are interested to read and know more about what was happening that day.
6. Before I end though, let me put it here that we were distributing goodie bags around, randomly engaging in sincere conversation to present Islam and clear their misconception and also we gave them free copies of Al-Quran translation.
7. I hope you can all make prayers for our humble efforts here and also to make prayers so that more people will be blessed with the Guidance by Him Allah SWT, the Lord of the worlds, the Master of all, the Owner of everything.
You can download the stories of my experience in this program by clicking on the link below ;-)
Wallahuaklam, wassalamualaikum wbt. May Allah guide and bless us all ameen ;-)
|From left: Bro Zulhafifi, me, others.. =)|