I am waiting to share 2 more exclusive posts I authored, one on marriage, the other on Superwomen, both will be uploaded to this blog, when our magazine (MSOC's As-Shifa') is ready. Both articles feature in this magazine. So please stay tuned, I will also share the magazine, in pdf format here soon ;-)
Meanwhile, here's a short reflection on the Japan's most powerful earthquake and the tsunami that it caused.
1. In one excerpt of an article from Yahoo! News (here), it says that, "The quake also shifted the earth's axis by 6.5 inches, shortened the day by 1.6 microseconds, and sank Japan downward by about 2 feet."
2. Read the bold red. The explanation given to explain this is that the quake causes our earth to spin faster. Perhaps it's also worthy to note that the same thing happened (shortened day) due to the 8.8 earthquake in Chile last year and the 2004's quake in Sumatra (and possibly many others).
3. In relation to this, I'd like to quote one hadith by Prophet Muhammad SAW, "The Last Day will not be established until... earthquake will increase in number, time will pass quickly." (Bukhari)
Compare the findings of the current affairs of our world to the prophecy made at the time when I believe the people didn't even know that our earth actually spins. And so what comes to your mind?
4. There's no need to create fear and tell the whole world that the End of Time is coming, and that is absolutely not what I intend to do.
5. Instead, there are at least 2 things to ponder. First, on how true the prophecy of the Messenger of Allah SAW. Second, so that we wake up from our sound sleep, stop thinking about the worldly indulgence alone for at least a moment, and think not merely of the coming of the Last Hour (whose date and day is unknown) but also the coming of our death; which is uncertain (we do not know when) yet is very certain too (it will surely come to everyone.
6. Watch the following video and shower our cheeks with some warm reflecting tears.
7. My prayers to Allah so that we always remind ourselves, that life is temporary. We don't look for mankind's blessings, but only seek Allah's love and blessings.
8. To close my bedtime story for tonight, I present to you this very heart-penetrating verse from the Holy Quran when Allah says, "If Allah helps you, none can overcome you: if He forsakes you, who is there, after that, that can help you? In Allah then, let the believers put their trust."
Surah Ali-Imran, (3:160)
"Return to Allah, go back to Quran and Sunnah."
Wallahua'lam wassalamualaikum wbt.