RSS

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My 22nd Year: A Reflection

O' my Lord, make me a man of faith, a man of knowledge and a man of love. Ameen..
Assalamualaikum w.b.t


“...This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion...”   (Surah Al-Maidah, 5:3)

1. The verse above is among one of the very late verses sent down to our final Prophet Muhammad SAW before He passed away and left us all with the deen we now call Islam.

2. Turning 21 today (2nd January 2010), I intend to make a number of reflections so that life ahead is insya Allah a lot better and more meaningful, until I breathe my last.

3. Rasulullah SAW died at the age of 63, after 23 years of a blessed struggle spreading the message of the final revelation to the whole mankind both in Mecca and Medina. 

4. No one can guarantee that I may be given at least 23 more years to enlighten myself and people around me with knowledge, let alone to confirm that I am going to reach 63. But assuming that I am going to live at least up to that age, I hereby want to do a simple maths =)

5. The 21st year is by right the completion of my one third of life- which means I have exactly another 42 years before 63, which is the remaining two third. Anyone with agile and healthy mind would certainly realize that in life, another two third of any period in life is not long. Moreover, we are in an age when time moves faster than it used to be, suggesting that even the earth is ageing faster and reaching the day of its death.

6. Well, I came across one article from SPACE.com that elaborates on how an 8.8 earthquake at Chile (like many other earthquakes preceding it) early last year had an impact on the rotation of the earth and therefore shortened the day.

7. We all learn in Science that a day in general is defined by one complete rotation of the earth. Cutting this short, an impact on the rotation of the earth does affect the speed of a day in which we are living.

8. Let me now try to connect the facts. Isn't it not true that Rasulullah SAW has told us that among the signs of the coming of the Hour (Last Day) is when time moves faster than before? Imam Bukhari also narrated that when earthquakes are frequent, it is also a sign of the Last Day. Which means (but may not necessarily be the only explanation), that the earthquake and faster time are interconnected and they are both mentioned in separate hadiths. Clearly, event after event that unfold in this world, along with the increasing number of scientific discoveries, make more sense to us towards understanding the prophecies made by our Prophet Muhammad SAW thousands of years ago.

9. But that's besides the point. The real point is, are we only going to enter into Islam fully during the Final Day itself? Alas, that would absolutely be too late so why not we now count on the days we have lived and grasp some reflections from them. 

10. As for me, twenty one years have already gone past. I am now in my 22nd year of life and I feel old. It's a fact. People said that I look older than my eldest brother! Well, wait until I grow more beard =P

11. I have faith that Allah allows me to continue life because indeed, I have many promises to fulfil, debts to clear, obligations to follow and sins to compensate. I have been very ambitious at times, and I am always positive that all my dreams will come true, so long as I work hard for them.

12. As I now begin my new year, I pray a lot to be more loving towards my family, as I think I somehow spent most of my quality time with others, at the expense of my own loved ones. 

13. Nevertheless, life must go on and I hold firmly to a personal conviction that to be a better son and brother in a family, I first have to be a better person to myself. 

14. The year 2011, will therefore be a year of achievements and accomplishment. There are family to love, medical degree to pursue, life skills to polish, debating teams to look after, society to take care of, relationship to strengthened, places to visit and more friends to make. This list is not exhaustive of course. And I thought maybe to get married should not be in the list- yet. haha =p

15. I am now working on the topic the international monetary system and intend to further enhance my apprehension in subjects related to the Last Day and how it is connected to the unfolding events and society we live with today. Insya Allah, while the heart is still pumping, I will always give it my best to share and learn, as life is agreeably an endless process of learning.

16. As a final note, I whole-heartedly apologize for all my wrong doings to all of you. Life is short, trust me. Let us forgive each other today and move on. Cherish every moment with the loved ones and make a plan to contribute today. What is life without giving ;-)

17. Al-Fatihah to my dear brothers Syarif Hakim (INTEC) for the passing of her lovely mother and also Zulikhwan Ayub (MCKK) for the passing of his most beloved sister. May Allah place them both in the place He grants to people whom are promised Paradise. Ameen~

Wallahua'lam. Take care all. Wassalam =)

With Love, 
Ibnu Hanaffi

" O you who believe! Save yourselves and your families from a Fire whose fuel is Men and Stones, over which are (appointed) angels stern (and) severe, who flinch not (from executing) the Commands they receive from Allah, but do (precisely) what they are commanded. " (Surah At-Tahrim, 66:6)

I aspire to fly high.. (oh ok, but not with the tortoise of course=p)
P/S: According to the Islamic Calendar though, I was born on Tuesday, 4th of Jamadil Akhir, 1410 Hijriah. And oh, my mom said that I was born after Isya' which she said may be the reason why I am a bit darker compared to her haha. It was a joke anyway ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

The Colours of Life

The Colours of Life
Picture taken on Syawal 1, 2009

THE BELOVED FAMILY-Hey, do the maths!

Dad: Mohd Hanaffi bin Hassin
Mom: Noorma bte Mamat

Siblings:

Mohd Ridzwan
Nurul Shuhada
Mohd Amirul Asyraf (blog owner)
Fatihah Sakinah
Nurul Ain Afifah
Ilyana Nazlin
Nur Amira Mawaddah
Mohd Aizat Aiman
Nur Anis
Mohd Amri Afiq